DSA Assessments

At university, there is a wide range of excellent support available. To receive support, you must apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA). You can apply for DSA via Student Finance England (SFE), and they will ask you to send them a full diagnostic report completed by an appropriately qualified assessor.

All London Dyslexia Assessors hold an Assessors Practising Certificate (APC), which qualifies them to assess you and complete your report. You will use this report to apply for Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA), which will fund your support throughout your university course.

You can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance if you have a disability that affects your ability to study. Disabilities include learning difficulties (such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD), mental health conditions, physical disabilities or long-term health conditions.

Dyslexia is a learning disability and is a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010. Under the Equality Act, a person has a disability if they have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.

Enquire about a DSA Assessment.

Contact Us